A detailed guide about Skill Assessment Tests
Skill assessment test - definition
A test that is created to gauge the skill-set of job-seeking candidates and employees by the HR and other hiring managers is called a skill assessment test.
Skill assessment tests are useful to Organizations in a lot of ways. Performing in a job requires the right set of skills. A skill assessment test helps the Employer to assess the same.
Although they are designed for both job-seeking candidates and internal employees, they are widely used in Entry-level Recruitment. They act as a filter to remove unsuitable candidates and thus make the hiring process smoother.
Why are Skill Assessment tests loved by Organizations?
Skill assessment tests come with multiple benefits. Some of them include reliability, affordability and the ability to gauge someone as required. But that's not it.
According to SHRM (Society for Human Resources), Companies use skill assessment tests for the following reasons:
· To hire new employees,
· To recruit new hires
· To gauge existing employees for various profiles
· To select employees with a good manager skill-set
· To learn about the loopholes in talent and to fix them
· To create an employee's long-term value.
The variety in skill assessment tests
Skill assessment test has a lot of names, like a career test,
pre-employment test or a talent assessment test. So do not get confused. When it comes to variety, we can look at a lot of Skill assessment tests. Below are a few types:
· Behavioral tests
· Personality assessments
· Integrity tests
· Company suitability assessments
· Situational analysis assessments and other tests.
10 ways to prepare for a talent assessment test:
1. The first step requires you to know what you're getting into. Skill assessment tests can be modified as per the company requirements. You can prepare likewise.
2. Practicing with enough demo tests will always help.
3. Stay focused and do not get into chaos. Practice playing with numbers and improve your written English skills.
4. Research about the Company by visiting their website and go through the "about us" section. See what their mission and vision is and the key people. It will help you in the test.
5. Sharpen your IQ by practicing puzzles and tricky reasoning based questions.
6. If you are preparing for a specific job role which requires proficiency in specific skill-set, then focus on it more than other skills. That skill is going to get the results in your favor.
7. Basic advice: Spend time in going through the questions of the test.
8. Do not skip the instructions. They are the most underrated things which can affect your score negatively and hurt you. So don't be like the crowd and pay full attention to the instructions.
9. Do not hurry into things. Be calm while answering. Look and think while answering a question. Make sure you do not miss answering any question.
10. The last step - revise. Have a quick glance at the questions you've answered and double-check the answers. Make sure you're in control of the test and the answers are correct to your Knowledge.
Acing a skill assessment test isn't a big deal if you have sorted out your strategy. And if you connect with the right skill assessment platform, it can complement your success.
HireMee is one such skill assessment platform that prepares you to become job-ready. It has a series of mock tests and a final online assessment test which 2300+ companies use as a benchmark to hire.
Have any questions? Ask us in the comments section.
"HireMee has been a great experience for our students and the college. HireMee helped us understand where our students stand and showed us areas where they needed additional training. From the demo session to the exam, your team has been a tremendous support to us."
Ramakrishnan & Naveen Kumar,
Placement Officer, Salem College of Engineering and Technology
The selection process of your company looks unique. It is automated, lean and agile. From the PO's perspective, it ensures that every data is uploaded by the student and ensures its accuracy. From the student's perspective, the experience is seamless as he can upload data from anywhere.
Training & Placement Officer, Nandha Educational Institutions, Erode
The HireMee platform gave us an opportunity to showcase our talents which in turn resulted in getting placed in our dream company. The job assessment test was very useful to us. It helped us to reach our job goals. The assessment platform is innovative and allowed us to upload 20-second video resumes.
Final Year CSE, Sir C R Reddy College of Engineering
I got selected for Vee Technologies through the HireMee Platform. I would like to thank you for such a platform which tests all the skills needed by recruiters. The HireMee app is more like a social network with a lot of interesting features which makes the job search easier.
First Year CSE, Sir C R Reddy College of Engineering
Hiremee is a good platform for freshers seeking placement in reputed companies. The Hiremee platform has such an environment with more than 30 companies. The assessments tests the subject knowledge and mathematical knowledge of the candidate. The subject related questions are simple and logical. There is also a phase where they test our positive attitude.